It’s been a busy month! There is a lot going on in Burlington right now. To wrap it all up here is my April 2018 progress vlog.
Reports & Recommendations
Our city staff have presented reports and updates on a variety of issues this month that may be of interest to you. Here is a list of items available for your review.
- Burlington Cycling Advisory Committee’s 2017 Annual Report
- Sustainable Development Committee 2017 Year End Report
- Sustainable Development Committee 2018 Objectives
- Burlington Economic Development Corporation 2018-2022 Strategic Plan
- Pop-up Patio Pilot Program update
- Proposed official plan and zoning by-law amendments and draft plan of subdivision applications for 2100 Brant Street
- Report Recommending Approval of an Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment at 607 Dynes Road
- Statutory Public Meeting for application to permit a place of worship at 4721 Palladium Way
- Recommendation Report for Zoning By-law Amendment for 3225-3237 New Street
Mayor’s Inspire Burlington with Glen Murray
I’m thrilled to share that we hosted yet another successful Mayor’s Inspire Burlington event on April 25th at the Royal Botanical Gardens.
Glen Murray, the Executive Director of the Pembina Institute and the former Minister of the Environment and Climate Change joined us for an insightful and educational talk about building an environmentally sustainable city.
I was inspired by the number of Burlington residents who joined us with ideas and passion about how we can work together to create a brighter future for our next generation.
I want to thank Conservation Halton, Centre for Climate Change Management at Mohawk, Burlington’s Sustainable Development Advisory Committee, Sustainable Hamilton Burlington, Burlington Green and 100in1Day for setting up exhibitions for our guests.
Burlington Vimy Oaks
In honour of the 101st anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge, we planted two “Vimy Oaks” at the Burlington Cenotaph this month. These oaks are the direct descendants of the original oaks at Vimy Ridge.
Our veterans fought for our freedom, and our oak trees will be a constant reminder of their sacrifice.
100In1Day Coming to Burlington June 2nd
For the first time, 100in1Day is coming to Burlington!What is 100In1Day and how do you get involved? Watch the video below to find out.