Nov. 28, 2013
Click here to join the Google Hangout!
“The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives”
Social media and technology have created many opportunities to connect with more people across the city and the country, and different generations who have not always been engaged in politics in traditional ways.
I am often inspired by the creativity, innovation, energy and entrepreneurship of young people who are starting businesses, launching their careers and inspiring younger generations. You are an integral part of our community. We are laying the foundation for future generations to build upon and we need your input.
I want to hear more from the young people of Burlington, the so-called “Millennials” who live, work, study and contribute to our community.
- What do you know about Burlington and how the city is governed?
- What are we doing right?
- How can we improve?
- How engaged are you with your community?
- Why do you live in Burlington? Are you going to stay?
- Is it really “Borington”?
Here are some of the biggest issues that the city and City Council are dealing with, but we do not often hear from young people. What do you think?
Engagement – how are you involved and connected in the community?
- What else can we do to connect with you?
- Are you engaged in city issues?
- Do you understand local politics?
- How are you involved and connected in our community? Do you want to be more engaged and how?
Quality of Life and Affordability
- How do you move? Which way do you go?
- Do you want to live in Burlington?
- Do you own a car?
- What is attractive to you in a community?
Creating jobs and fostering entrepreneurship
- Do you work in Burlington?
- What sectors are you working in?
- What types of opportunities are young professionals looking for in Burlington?
- What would make it easier for you to live and work in Burlington?
- Do you have plans for a business in Burlington?
I have talked and written about many of these issues here on my blog. I invite you to read more and ask any questions.
Then join me for a chat on Google Hangouts on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8 pm.
Google+ makes it really easy to connect. Learn more here: http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/ You can use your webcam or chat options to send me your questions and comments for discussion.
Use #AskRick to tweet me your questions, comments and topics for discussion and you can find me on Twitter @RickGoldring.
I welcome everyone to participate in this discussion. Please share this invitation with your friends, colleagues and networks.
I look forward to connecting with you and learning more about your perspectives and opinions.